How is it that Craigslist are able to allow people to post "erotic services" ads?

It's ridiculous! Craigslist is promoting prostitution, which is ILLEGAL in most states, by allowing them to post ads for free! How does Craigslist get away with this? Arent there any legal issues that they have to go through?

Many of these ads arent even ambiguous....they are all OBVIOUSLY ads for prostitution.

How are we supposed to clean up our towns when nothing is being done about prostitution, and when websites like Craigslist allow prostitutes to post ads?

Can anything be done about this?

well i know that prostitution isnt the city's biggest crime...and the first amendment allows free speech. but by allowing prostitution, couldnt that be aiding and abbeting in a crime? it just doesnt make sense to me....they might as well allow posts for hitmen...

Favorite Answer

What do you want to do?

Is chasing down prostitutes a higher priority than national security?

What about Drugs? Murders? I think the cops have better things to do than to run down all the nasty ho's on craigslist.

Source(s): common sense

Craigslist isn't a "morality monitor".. I think they can have it on the sites because they don't claim to be moderated, so I don't see how it is their responsibility if you don't like what you read.

I don't really condone it either, and it IS blatantly illegal for "transactions" to take place, but the same exact thing is in almost every newspaper.. ESPECIALLY the "alternative" ones (city music/entertainment papers) in most areas.

There must be a reason the adds are not illegal?

I agree with cincinatus, Freedom of the press, if we clean up the prostitution on CL, we should clean up every state even LAS VEGAS, but we cant. the Gorverment should concentrate on drugs, murder more important than 2 people having sex.

think only 1 or 2 states leg. prostitution. Could be they are basing head quarters In one of those states.

I hate that people can get away with doing this as well. I think it should be charged as conspiracy to commit a crime. But I doubt it will be taken care of. Truthfully i've never been to craigslist. Is there any way you can report it?

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Freedom of the press.

The internet is like an anarchy. You can't stop it. Also, I would think of it as an escorting business.

• ?

speaking of a crime is not a crime in itself, unless its a threat, and i dont see how stopping ppl from having sex is gonna clean up your streets, if 2 adults have some type of arrangement, who cares what they do

no places like the aclu protect stuff like this