What are some ways to deal with IBS?

I would love to hear some tips (especially from those who suffer from it) on how to deal with IBS. I've had it for a year or 2 now, and it's so frustrating to not be able to have a bowel movement without the nausea,cramping and/or occasional anxiety! What are some tips to help prevent/treat these symptoms.... show more I would love to hear some tips (especially from those who suffer from it) on how to deal with IBS. I've had it for a year or 2 now, and it's so frustrating to not be able to have a bowel movement without the nausea,cramping and/or occasional anxiety! What are some tips to help prevent/treat these symptoms. Preferably, without the use of meds- I'm seeking natural, holistic alternatives. Serious answers only please.

** I currently take ginger 1-2 times a day, along with my other vitamins. I am also lactose intolerant and try to use lactaid with every meal with dairy.**