What happens if u do not sleep over 24 hrs. what will ur body do?

I had about the hardest time of all night last night including all this morning my step-mom went to Mesquite, Nevada to gamble and she said she will be back in a couple hours to run some things off until she left at 12:00 pm yesterday and did not come home until 2:00 AM this morning although my dad was really upset... show more I had about the hardest time of all night last night including all this morning my step-mom went to Mesquite, Nevada to gamble and she said she will be back in a couple hours to run some things off until she left at 12:00 pm yesterday and did not come home until 2:00 AM this morning although my dad was really upset about it. Anyways she talked to my dad about her problem and everything went ok. Although i woke-up at 6AM on January 2nd when my brother told me that he was having bad dreams then he went back to sleep i tryed but i could not so yes i was up over 24 hrs.
My question is that what will happen if anyone like myself stays up late without any sleep what will ur body do without any sleep?