What happens if u do not sleep over 24 hrs. what will ur body do?

I had about the hardest time of all night last night including all this morning my step-mom went to Mesquite, Nevada to gamble and she said she will be back in a couple hours to run some things off until she left at 12:00 pm yesterday and did not come home until 2:00 AM this morning although my dad was really upset... show more I had about the hardest time of all night last night including all this morning my step-mom went to Mesquite, Nevada to gamble and she said she will be back in a couple hours to run some things off until she left at 12:00 pm yesterday and did not come home until 2:00 AM this morning although my dad was really upset about it. Anyways she talked to my dad about her problem and everything went ok. Although i woke-up at 6AM on January 2nd when my brother told me that he was having bad dreams then he went back to sleep i tryed but i could not so yes i was up over 24 hrs.
My question is that what will happen if anyone like myself stays up late without any sleep what will ur body do without any sleep?
15 answers 15