How to apply for HUD loans?

Does anyone know how to apply for a HUD home loan. I am having alot of trouble...Any help would be appredciated!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all, you need to find a mortgage broker/bank that is reputable. I see too many companies taking advantage of people who do not understand the mortgage business. The HUD loan you are referring to is commonley called an FHA loan.

The mortgage broker/bank has to be approved to do FHA loans. Any reputable company will be approved.

Secondly, make sure the loan officer you are dealing with has done FHAloans before. If they have not, there might be some problems.

Finally (this is general information), an FHA loan is an option, just as a conventional loan or VA loan is an option. For each of these types of loans, you must qualify under the criteria used for each loan.

Unless you have been in the military, a VA loan is out.

FHA loans require less money down from the buyer (3%) than a conventional loan (usually 5%).

Find a good mortgage broker/bank and they should be able to walk you through all of this. If the person you are dealing with is not willing to spend the time with you to make sure you understand what is going on, find another mortgage company

Source(s): I am a licensed Texas real estate broker
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go through your mortgage loan officer at your bank. Now it is Rural Development or Urban Development. Lots of really good programs.

Source(s): An Agent
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Alot of good info here:

http://www.hud.gov/fha/loans.cfm

• 1 decade ago

that's kind of the point hun. They "offer" you assistance and then make it too hard to fill out the forms.

I would suggest getting a good dark tan and then learning spanish. they'll give you a mansion if you do it right.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

www.hud.gov/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.