CAR TROUBLE! My Chevy Aveo is getting HORRIBLE gas mileage! Can anybody help?

I bought a 2005 Chevy Aveo a few months ago because it was supposed to get excellent gas mileage (27 city/35 highway). Well I've been keeping track for the past two months and I'm only getting 21-24 miles per gallon. What the heck? I drive it smoothly and put quality brand gas and I drive about half... show more I bought a 2005 Chevy Aveo a few months ago because it was supposed to get excellent gas mileage (27 city/35 highway). Well I've been keeping track for the past two months and I'm only getting 21-24 miles per gallon. What the heck?

I drive it smoothly and put quality brand gas and I drive about half highway and half city, so I should be averaging more than 30 mpg.

It's still under warranty so I took it to the dealership and they can't find anything wrong with it. There was a recall for my car that had something to do with the fuel system but their records show that the previous owner already had the work done. It still has a bumper-to-bumper warranty so if you have any suggestions I can have the dealership try it.

The only reason why I bought the car was because of its gas mileage. I'd rather be driving a pickup with this kind of gas mileage! I feel like going back to the dealership and shoving my Aveo up their butt!

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!