Where can I buy cute, fashionable clothes for a plus size girl in her 20's?

I hate that most plus size clothes look like they are meant for people in their 50's and up. Do designers think that the only overweight people in the world are old? I am on a journey to lose my weight, but in the mean time I would like to wear trendy, cool clothes that look good for my age and body type. Does anyone have any ideas except for Lane Bryant and Avenue? I find that their clothes always reveal clevage and never fit right in the tummy. Help!

Favorite Answer

I usually can find Baby Phat, Apple Bottom jeans and other name brands at Marshalls you have to look around. Also Ross and sometimes Torrid they have more of the gothic looking clothes but very cute. One more store would be Deb I don't know if it is only in Portland but good store. I'm thick too so I know where to go. Have fun hope you fine something.

They aren't the best quality, but our Wal-mart sometimes carries cute tops, but their jeans are too big in the butt. Target has just started selling really cute plus size clothes too, and sometimes you can luck up at our mall with department stores like JcPenney's, Parisians, and Sears. Or there are places like City Trends, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross's that sell discounted name brand clothes. Or there are some tops at Lane Bryant that look cute with lacey undershirts to cover the cleavage. There is also Goodies, Holidays, It's Fashion, Cato's... I have the same problem, but I have found some really cute clothes at some of these places. I go for the flare leg jeans, peasant tops, and cute 3/4 sleeve shirts. And so far I've had luck at all of these stores.

Torrid, Fashion Bug, Catos, Lane Bryant.

• Judi

Torrid (for the goth look), Fashion Bug...

If there's Ross in your area, check them out...they always have tons of plus-size clothes that are young and fashionable looking. They get them from other stores, so they're a lot cheaper than most places.

I love Lane Bryant clothes...I guess it just depends on your individual shape, because that's the one brand I never have to try on, it always fits right.

Torrid sells real nice trendy stuff. If youre on a bit more of a budget try Olive Ole and Dots if they are in your area. Deb PLUS is another one and its just for heavyset young women but the clothes arent the best quality. Deb Plus is a quick fix though if you need like a cute cocktail dress or club top.

Source(s): my older sisters best friend works in torrid

Torrid has some pretty cool stuff. Also, the some Old Navy stores have started selling plus size womens clothes.

Good Luck!!!

Torrid has awesome clothes for us gals, although can be a bit expensive. Also try Old Navy online. They have some pretty cool stuff for reasonable prices.

• Wendy

www.jcpenney.com

www.goodysonline.com

www.oldnavy.com

www.forever21.com

they have some nice clothes for a good price

good luck on finding some nice clothes and losing the weight I'm doing the same thing may we look HOT in 2007!

Torrid

Many teen brands are now making plus size: l.e.i for instance.

TJ Maxx/Home Goods has a plus size teen section.

Also, check your local department stores: Kohls, Mervyn's, Nordstroms.