Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why can't Boise State broncos compete in the BCS national bowl?

I don't see why Boise football cant go to BCS. They were 12-0 and now after fiesta they 13-0. I didnt follow them, but I'm quite curious. Man what a game fiesta eh? Talk about a big last play.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Fiesta Bowl is a BCS bowl, so Boise State indeed did get to participate in a BCS bowl. You're probably referring to the National Championship Game next week, which a team like Boise State unfortunately will never get to participate in. Here's why:

Though undefeated, Boise State has a weak schedule relative to other teams (Oklahoma was their only ranked opponent). USC, with the best strength of schedule, even with 2 losses may rank higher than Boise State at the end of this season.

Schools from "mid-major" conferences like Boise State are at a disadvantage because of their inferior schedule compared to the major conferences. Even when these mid-majors attempt to improve their position by scheduling games against major conference schools, they are denied because those schools in turn do not want to worsen their schedule.

The only solution to schools like Boise State getting snubbed is for a much-needed playoff format. I'm happy that Boise State was able to win and grab attention from curious folk like you -- it will certainly help push the argument for a playoff in the future.

• ussery
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

As favourite, they have a shot, yet desire some issues to artwork of their desire. No undefeated communities in a BCS convention, and Georgia to bypass 10-2 or extra effective. If that takes position, they have a strong shot. for sure they prefer to run the table, too. If it truly is a loopy season like 2007, i imagine it truly is the year. contained in the 60s and 70s, all of us suggested Penn State couldn't play with the massive canines. It took a objective line stand by Alabama in a championship year to conquer them, and then human beings realized Penn State change into the real deal. Boise State is dealing with a similar component. Non BCS faculties have beat a a million loss Alabama crew, a a million or 2 loss Oklahoma crew in bowl video games, and BSU beat a very strong Virginia Tech crew very last season and a Rose Bowl Oregon crew the year earlier in the course of the commonplace season. finally, human beings will comprehend that Boise State is a actual strong football crew.

• Luigi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well after finishing the season this way hopefully Boise State gets some recognition in the upcoming season when they reveal the preseason polls. The way college football system is, its pretty difficult to move up to play for the natl title game if you start low in the season.

• 1 decade ago

because they're in a really low confrence and to be honest (i'm not putting them down! i live in and love boise/boise state) they're just not good enough to play a team like ohio yet. but over the next few years they'll get better and they might get some better bowls! What an awesome game! great plays, great defense, and great game!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

THE NCAA SYSTEM SUCKSS THAT IS Y! the system is putting all the big colleges(superior) at the top. people who are not boise state fans consider the bsu broncos a third rated team which is all bs. BSU deserves to be there more than any other team looking at their record. they are valid contenders for the bcs bowl based on records. i wish we had the system of playoffs. a lot more fun.

• 1 decade ago

they deserved to go to the national championship more than the losers of michigan and the future losers of florida. if florida pulls an upset on ohio state. boise state SHOULD be #1 in the country.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

here we go again with this bullshit. Other than Oklahoma who will lose their head coach tommorrow for this just who did these clowns in a fifth rated conference actually play this year??????

NOBODY! They want to shoot their mouths off saying they want Ohio State??? OHIO STATE WILL HAVE THEIR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER! Ohio State will not even consider scheduling them because of that wimp *** conference they are in (which in turn will hurt their computer rankings of that BCS bullshit. Oh and the last National Champ out of wac???? BYU in 1984! At least they played against some known teams.

• Al J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Their competition was supposedly inferior to the top teams in the NCAA.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.