Curious asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

what makes Pride fighters better than UFC fighters?

A lot of people say that Pride fighter are better than UFC fighters. But from I see, UFC fighters fight PRIDE fighters all the time. Also UFC guys have beaten top PRIDE guys.

IE: Chuck-Randleman

Ortiz-Silva

Please no agry or dumb responses. Happy new years

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Pride fighters are better because Pride offers more money for their fighters. So naturally all the great international fighters choose to fight there. Some of the great Pride fighters (Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva, Josh Barnett, Phil Baroni, Kevin Randelman, and many others) started off or have fought in the UFC prior to going to Pride. But with UFC's growing popularity and a lot of money coming in from sponsors UFC is catching up to Pride in luring great fighters into its organization. Example, the recent aquiring of arguably the best fighter in MMA today Mirko "Cro Cop", and also Quinton Jackson. So Pride has better and more fighters in it's organization today, but by 2008 it may be a diffrent story. If UFC can get Fedor Emelianenko to fight in it's organization then you'll know the tides have turned. Wow, Fedor vs Cro Cop 2 would be a dream come true.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's simple, they have a deeper talent pool, but the guys at the top of the organizations are equal, it's just top to bottom Pride is stronger. The UFC is going to catch up though because they have the bigger market=USA

Generally it's all about the same, the real bad asses could fight in any organization like Liddell, Hughes, St. Pierre, Arlovski and still succeed. Personally I don't get the whole argument of which one isw better and all that krap, they both have different rules and a different ring or cage.

• 1 decade ago

i like both of them but i really don't think that u can prepare them it isn't about the organization it's about the fighter's pride has more fighters but ufc has a cage and pride has less rules ... so it all depends on what fighters r fighting... and the guy that says that ufc makes people fight over and over is because it causes drama ... which makes money... not trying 2 argue just facts... happy new years.

• 1 decade ago

its not so much that the fighters are better, but PRIDE fighting is actually more technical than UFC. And its just a different system, for instance Pride just had an open weight tournement, something the UFC hasnt done since its beginning.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

PRIDE sucks. The only thing I like about PRIDE is the fact that fighters can kick or stomp the face of a downed opponent. If UFC allowed that then there would be no reason for PRIDE to even exsist. And no PRIDE fighters are in no way shape or form better than UFC. They are ALL MMA fighters. That should be the only grouping. PRIDE is over there UFC is over here. But, they are all just MMA fighters in the end. Even Tank Abbot fought in PRIDE fighting. Come on.

EDIT: For the guy who said Cro Cop is going to steam roll everyone in the UFC. Umm he will be fighting in the heavy weight division. That division is so thin and non competitive it is a JOKE. Tim Sylvia is at the top of that division and he sucks. No one likes him. I would like to see Cro Cop get that belt, but no one will care when he does because no one gives a **** about the heavy weight division.

• 1 decade ago

I think they fight more than just the same people unlike the ufc=ortiz-liddel 3, silvia=arlovski 3, liddel-cotoure 3, etc hey sounds like chuck fights the same guys doesnt it? maybe thats why he wins so much?

Wait and see what Cro Cop does in the future as he steam rolls over everyone in the ufc!

• 1 decade ago

it is obvious to me you do not watch enough PRIDE to make a comparisson, otherwise its a given that pride fighters are alot more exciting, talented.. not an angry response just the truth watch PRIDE first seriously

• 1 decade ago

Sorry this probably sounds like a dumb response, but who is UFC and who is PRIDE.

Happy new year anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.