Motherboard is gone, what next?

My power supply is smoked and took my motherboard with it. So I ordered a new power supply and motherboard. But my new motherboard is a different brand, do you think I need to install windows from the begining? Or will it work smoothly? If not how can I save my files?
Update: Some of you have mentioned and I heard the same thing, if you change the MB you will have problems booting the Windows on the new MB. And yes I have checked the compatibility with CPU, RAM etc. My best bet now, if it does not work, to buy a cheap HD and install Windows on to it, make my other drive slave to not to... show more Some of you have mentioned and I heard the same thing, if you change the MB you will have problems booting the Windows on the new MB. And yes I have checked the compatibility with CPU, RAM etc. My best bet now, if it does not work, to buy a cheap HD and install Windows on to it, make my other drive slave to not to lose any data. I have retail version CD of XP. Any more ideas are appreciated.
Update 2: Some of you have mentioned and I heard the same thing, if you change the MB you will have problems booting the Windows on the new MB. And yes I have checked the compatibility with CPU, RAM etc. My best bet now, if it does not work, to buy a cheap HD and install Windows on to it, make my other drive slave to not to... show more Some of you have mentioned and I heard the same thing, if you change the MB you will have problems booting the Windows on the new MB. And yes I have checked the compatibility with CPU, RAM etc. My best bet now, if it does not work, to buy a cheap HD and install Windows on to it, make my other drive slave to not to lose any data. I have retail version CD of XP. Any more ideas are appreciated.