I want to record live music (guitar, vocals etc) using a portable digital device. What device is best to use?

I used to use himd minidisc but it broke and would like to try digital. Its for recording my own acoustic music, not for recording live gigs if you know what i mean. I've seen their are lots of digital dictaphones but these are more for voice close up rather than the wide spectrum of sound from guitar,... show more I used to use himd minidisc but it broke and would like to try digital. Its for recording my own acoustic music, not for recording live gigs if you know what i mean. I've seen their are lots of digital dictaphones but these are more for voice close up rather than the wide spectrum of sound from guitar, vocals, piano etc. Please can you recommend a portable digital recorder that will fit my requirements. Thankyou.