Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

I have added my kids to my computer w/their own accounts. Is there a way to restrict them from deleting?

or changing the computer settings. My son has a history of not reading warning and has been known to delete needed items on his previou computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

just make sure that you set them as a 'limited' user and not a 'computer administrator'. threatening him with bodily harm will also help.

you are the comuter admin i hope?

go to control panel> user accounts> your childs account> change account type and click "limited" this will restrict him/her from deleting any important files from you computer

go to control panel and then user accounts and set their accounts as limited users. that's the best i can tell you

yes go back in add acounts and you can restricted them to ther own area... read the help in accounts setup