Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Is dimethicone good for your skin even if it does makeit real soft? Does it have side effects?

It is an effective ingredient to doctor prescribed skin cream and over the counter formulas. Still I have questions about something so softening.How does it really work?

Favorite Answer

The only side effect I could find is redness and blistering of the skin. Otherwise, safe to use. Discontinue use if you are experiencing the side effects.

Dimethicone - Also known as silica, this natural anti-foaming and skin conditioning agent helps protects the skin against various skin irritants and forms a breathable barrier to smooth and protect the skin.

Dimethicone is used in expensive skin care lotions such as Neoteric for diabetics. It is only 1% and at that it would not cause any harm or side effects. The softening is important to help increase the skins suppleness and elasticity. The real healing in that particular cream comes from other ingredients such as those that hold in the moisture or are an oxygenating agent. Also a lotion that contains vitamin E and does not have alcohol as one of the leading ingredients should be looked for. That is a reason I picked out Neoteric, even though I am not a diabetic. Good luck.

I do not know much about dimethicone. But; if you really want something that can make your skin feel soft with no side effects, I would use the dead sea salt and butter!! This stuff iz absolutely amazing! It can even clear up achne and skin infections! I know one time I had a rash that developed on my neck from shaving. I used the "salt" for of the dead sea salt remedey. The next day the rash was gone!! The butter is very good at softening up your skin! The stuff I have comes froma company called "Deep Sea Cosmetics" and the salt comes from the dead sea in Israel! I don't know if it makes any difference where the salt comes from. I would assume that all sea salt works just as good.

This is a question for the Health category. Alternative medicine is focused on the mind-body-spirit connection. We can help you with natural remedies. Your skin is mostly protein. If your skin is rough or lacks flexibility then you hare having a protein digestive problem or possibly a nurtient deficiency. Buy a book called Nutrition Almanac. It has lots of information for general reference and symptom remedies. Be prepared to learn a lot.