Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

How can I become more energetic?

Lately I have been feeling tired for some reason but I don’t know why. Can you help me?

Favorite Answer

Exercise more.

The more you exercise, the faster your metabolism will be...making you feel more energetic.

Also, cutting back on fatty foods (foods high in sugar or saturated fat) makes you feel more energetic. Foods high in fat have a tendency to make an individual feel sluggish or tired.

Try to stay physically fit while in-taking plenty of grains, legumes, fruits, and veggies.

If things don't get better for you...maybe you should consider getting more sleep!

• Maple

Has anyone ever told you that you snore? If so, please get checked out for sleep apnea. You will need to go to a sleep clinic (you may need a referral from your primary doctor) to be checked. Untreated sleep apnea robs you of energy and can damage your heart. The "cure" is a machine called CPAP - surgery is very rarely done for this anymore. You have to have a prescription to get a CPAP, but most insurance will pay. The improvement in your quality of life will be dramatic. Don't delay - sleep clinics often have long waits.

Source(s): I have sleep apnea and have used CPAP for 8+ years.
  • Lisa

whats your diet like? if it hasnt got enough fruits, veges, breads, meats, dairy & all that stuff the dieticians say you should be having; then whats why youre not feeling so energetic. if youre eatting too much stuff thats in the top part of the Food Pyramid, then, uuuh, stop.

coffee, pop,soda, etc caffiene are only temp highs..and are not great for the bod.

exercise...exercise!!

If you reg exercise, you will have more energy, feel better emotionally, sleep regulary.

all u need to do is 20min brisk walks 3x a week....

It will improve your life greatly, I promise :)

the holidays and winter makes everyone tired.Try eating a good breakfast

drink red bull energy drink

drink coffee before work

1oz of water per pound of body weight....

• ?

Coffee ??

excerise, eat right, enough sleep