What is the best way to lose weight? I want to lose it for myself.?

I am 19, and I want to lose 20-30 lbs, quickly if possible. I already eat right and excersize daily. I have tried some of the popular fad diets, but l. they just made me gain weight. I am very unhappy about my appearance and am not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

eat less calories than now.. bring heart rate up with arobic exercise... swiming is good... low impact is best for overall health... Yoga is great it helps streighten you while being low impact to the body. Cut the fat... but you still need some fat for health. Junk food out... and watch for hidden calories. They hide everywhere :) Good Luck. I have lost 25 lbs over the course of several months. If you lose it to fast it will come back. If you lose one or two lbs a week it is better. Just think... by next year this time we will both look great and feel great to boot.

If you starve yourself, your body will hold on to every ounce. But if you eat 6 small meals a day you are never hungry and you will lose weight. for breakfast... one egg.. one peice of fruit one peice of bread and water.... lots of water.. 6-8 glasses a day... yogert and cheese mid morning.. tuna and salad for lunch... fruit, pretzels mid afternoon... meat, fish chicken turkey... for dinner with lots of fresh veggies.. for dinner. lots of different foods.. small portions... and 5 to 6 meals a day...

good luck...

You need a combination of exercise and dieting. Dont expect to loose more than 2-3 pounds a week. What kind of exercise daily do you do? To lose weight, you need a combination of cardio and weight training. Muscle uses up more calories daily than fat, so its to your advantage to strengthen up your muscles. Also, you should do at least 45 minutes of cardio daily, which should make you sweat. If you can talk and carry on conversations while exercising, you are being too easy on yourself, and need to kick it up until you work up a good sweat, and cannot chat. Keep that pace up for 45 minutes.

Good carbs like celery and carrots will never make you fat. Bad carbs like cake will, but you don't need to know the whole science of glycemic load. You need to re-learn how to eat so you can become thin and healthy. Find out about fastest way to lose weight, most effective exercise, good and bad carbs, water retention and secret trick used by models to flatten their tummy before an event.

Reading a book will take you hours but the information on a post, taking minutes to read, is not enough. The webpage below has just enough to know what you need to know. Links page has gov. BMI calculater to find out just how much overweight you are (teens plug in your age to compare to others your age). Most important-- make sure to read the last "fat loss tip", first before anything else, to see the number one food that causes Americans to be fat. Take 5 minutes to read teen advice then click on home page.

http://www.phifoundation.org/teen.html

Well, if you already know about eating "right" and exercising, then you should look at the quality of your exercise, and kick it up a notch in your diet. That means exercising more (and perhaps more vigorously) and eating less.

You should take at least 15 weeks minimum to lose 30 pounds. Don't rush it, you'll be in pain, and it won't last.

• Roman

2 and 1 2 hours bowling

• Mathew

always have vegetables on hand saute a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor and separate into portion sized containers for the fridge

Eat less at night

• Frieda

Hitting the gym is important for weight loss

when out at a restaurant ask the server to hold the bread snack mix or chips and salsa that might come before the meal if you re hungry youll be tempted

Walk in the morning and eat breakfast within an hour of waking