Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago


so here is my predicament, I'm a nervous person, I was diagnosed with a anxiety disorder by a psychologist. I'm in the army, but I'm still in basic training.

I lied to my recruiter about this, I find my self getting really nervous, or panicky, what i want to know is, how do I go about seeking some type of treatment for this.

I don't want out of the army, I just want to stop it.

No matter how hard I try, no matter what i tell myself I end up slipping back into it.

Just the other day, we had a to stand up and tell one another about each other, I stood up. I made it short and sweet, becauseI was beginning to get a bit panicky, when I sat down I was shaking, shortness of breath, fidgeting with dirt of the floor.

theres a lot more, but explaining everything seems irelavent.

I know I'm not faking it, I've been like this since I was a child, I was just too afraid to do something. I thought I could learn to control it when I was diagnosed, but I can't.

Anyway suggestions would be great.

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    First of all find you a doctor let him give you a good physical that will take care of any chemical imbalance then tell him how you feel and then im sure he will prescribe something for you to help.Its not that big of a deal 87 percent of America wakes up feeling just like you do everyday . Also do a search online for anxiety depression boards.. where you can talk to others about this and what their solution is.. works pretty good. and don't worry it will pass..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.