First time meeting a girl for marriage, in an arranged marriage situation, what i should ask her?

hello friends,

your small advice make my life more beautiful.

i am an indian, and after 1 week i will meet a girl for marriage.she is coming from usa, basically she is from gujrat and live in usa from last 3 years, this is my first time, i am so narvous, coz i am very shy boy and generally not talking with girl,and another prob is that i don't know her language very well, there is only one common language between us and that is our mother tongue. what should i do? about which thing i should ask her and can i request her that plz tell me in mother tongue?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should ask her to speak in your mother tongue since both of you know the language. Tell her you will both learn more about each other that way. If it were my first time to meet I would ask her what her thoughts on important issues like marriage, children, religion, working outside the home, where does she want to live after your married. These questions are very important in making a life together. You dont want to get married and find out afterwards that what she wants out of life is completly different than what you want. So just be honest and being shy is not something you should be ashamed of or make you afraid. Women like shy men. Good luck and hope you have a happy marriage.

• Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Try a few ice breakers, maybe you don't have to talk in your mother tongue, if possible in USA you get Indian Drama's perhaps you can break the ice by asking her a question in English that way she knows you can speak English, and can cope in the USA if you need to move there. Best thing to ask to break the ice properly is something about Indian soaps, like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, cause they have it in USA too. And just find out what sorts of things she likes, don't ask what she does for a living straight away, she'll think you're a gold digger, best to leave that for later, find out her interests and what type of person she is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ask her how she envisions creating a life together as a couple...use whatever language works best for the two of you...and good luck..

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

ask her what she wants in the feature.. does she want the tradiontal values form your cultures or does she want the usa ones..how many children dose she want to have.. and what her hopes and dreams for your feature together is

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Just be yourself. You can ask her about her goals and dreams for the future, and share your thoughts about your goals and dreams.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ofcourse u can tell her that u like talking in ur mother tongue,ask like what are ur hobbies var she do dere & general things like that, dont ask anything which makes her uncomfortable,be like normal,sensible in talking ......................all d best

• 1 decade ago

do you think this will work? should we forget tradition and find our true love? this is the 21st century. americans fall inlove and marry who they please. a marriage like that is more sacred and when you have sex it's love making and not sex.

My question to you is, what if you dont like this woman? i mean if she is not attractive to your standards or has bad hygiene you still have to marry her? THAT'S MEAN AND EVIL! your culture sucks!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes by all means, use your mothers tongue.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u need pro help from ur own family....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.