If I get put in prison and I use religion to get paroled is that justice?

If I purchase a deploma saying that I'm an ordained minister while in prision for murder should that be taken in to acount when in front of the parole board?

Favorite Answer

It may be taken into account, but not seriously. You have to do more than just purchase a certificate of ordainment. I got one for $30, and only $30. I didn't have to prove anything or do anything special but send a check.

Generally, for a Prisoner Review Board, you have to behave in a way that shows them that you're not a threat to society. For a violent felon, it's not just one action that will prove that -- it's a lifestyle. However, getting paroled is easier now-a-days because of overcrowding due to the "war on drugs." I've known of people who committed murder and were out in less than 5 years -- although they pled down to a lesser charge of aggravated battery.

Source(s): I used to work for Dept. of Corrections.
  • gone

No, because most religions claim that if you have broken a law you should be punished for the crime. If you are a true minister you should stay and do your time and work with those who are in need of some "good news".

Justice means if you were sentenced to time for a guilty verdict, and you were truly guilty, you have to pay for your verdict.

most cons know how to get one for free anyway, thats the fault of the parole board if they free someone based upon religion, you cant fault a man for wanting out of prison, prsion does not work, it has failed us as a society, we have set up a virtural university for the criminal mind under our present system, depsite the draw backs corperal and capitol punishment did work. when you lock some one up for a periord of years their children and families end up on the welfare rolls and its a vicious cycle

• Max

I really doubt if religion will help you to get paroled. Don't do anything to get sent to prison! Prisons don't sound like nice places to me. I hope you haven't already done something that you might be sent to prison for.

No. Religion doesn't matter you 'tard. Murder is murder.