When I open a Word Document and then close it without making any changes it still asks me if I want to save?

It only happens for certain documents, as if the formating is wrong or something, while for other documents you can open and close with no dialog box appearing, unless you've changed something of course. Why does it do this? How do I stop it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a strange little bug that MS have never bothered to deal with, on the basis of "better safe than sorry". Just live with it.

• 3 years ago

in case you're already uncomfortable with a number of his habit, then i think of you will possibly desire to persist with your instincts in this one. the certainty that he wasn't understaning which you fell asleep, and demanded which you never repeat it lower back proves that he has a controlling character and he's already showing signs and warning signs this early on. i might pay attention for this guy. i'm not asserting he's an abuser in line with se, purely that he has some undesirable characteristics you ought to to be careful of.

• 1 decade ago

well that depends wut version of word you have, it can be anonying problem, it cannot be stopped,unless u upgrade. but one thing though even a click or space or word document is considered change, so you need to save just use (Ctrl+S) it save short cut,so you can close with be asked that stupid question

• 1 decade ago

does that for me too. it doesnt matter what you click the doc will stay the same as you had it in the first place

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

maybe you did change something. if you do something and then undo it, it will ask if you want to save changes.

• 1 decade ago

it will do that on any computer dont worry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.