i'm almost a week overdue...?

i'm 5 days past my due date and not even dialated yet. are there any ways to help induce my labor?

Favorite Answer

yes you can be intimate with your boyfriend/ husband or do some walking or use a breast pump it helps bring on contractions

I went 10 days late by the time I delivered my son. I was dialiated 2 cm for 6-8 weeks though. If your OB hasn't set the date yet you should bring it up now. At the hospital they can give you a couple different things to induce labour. They can use some type of catheter with a balloon to get your cervix to dialate, there is IV drugs, and that gel that doesn't seem to work so well anymore. I had 2 times gel and was sent home between them, my cousin I think told me that she had 3 times gel and the catheter as she just wasn't dialating. If all else fails and your body just won't cooperate with delivery, they can do a c-section.

There is also wive's tales. Having sex is supposed to work for inducing, it didn't for me. Something to do with the hormone in the sperm is the same as the hormone in the gel. We were told that spicy foods sometimes work and that chamomile can induce labour and that we were to avoid it in any form, tea, lotion and so on during pregnancy for this reason. Some nice warm chamomile tea and a little soothing chamomile lotion might just do the trick. Don't quote me though as I am not a dr.

Go for a walk, lots of activity sometimes helps get things moving. But, just in case make sure you have something with you. It is normal though to be a week late and usually doctors will induce you before the baby gets too big.

First babies are often late. Stay in touch with your doctor, and if you get to 14 days overdue the doctors will induce you. This is most commonly done with Pitocin (NOT fun, be sure to get an epidural) but it's very effective.

Also, many docs will do an ultrasound at 7 days overdue - so call the doctor, too!

GOOD LUCK!!

Doctors don't let you go much over a week without inducing you. The placenta begins to take nutrients away from the baby after 41 weeks and the baby runs the risk of getting too big to deliver safely. Call your doctor and see what he/she plans to do. Other than that..the only answers you're going to get are to walk, have sex, eat curry, and to squats to put pressure on the cervix and cause contractions. Good luck.. and I really hope you have this baby soon, or at least start charging rent!

My 2nd baby was 12 days late. I practiced pushing, like during delivery, just don't push too hard. Also took very warm bath. And alot of walking. Don't worry too much, easier said than done, baby will come when it's ready. The doctor shouldn't let you go over 2 weeks past your due date.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, because your due date is based on the day that they think you got pregnant. If that date is wrong, them your due date can also be wrong. When the baby is ready, then it will come. There are things that your doctor can inject you with, but if he is not worried, then you shouldn't be either. Just let nature do what it does best.

I had my sister who was just learning how to drive stick shift drive me up and down the street. lol

You can also have sex because there is something in the sperm........

the thing that help me i think was a tea that i got at the natural store i can't remember the name of it but i drunk it and the next day went into labor. Thank you doctor who told me about it!

• I read in a book (sorry this is going to sound bad, but it's true) if you stimulate your nipples, that it gets your hormones up and helps bring on labor.

Not trying to be gross but have sex with daddy if you can and let him *** inside of you. Something about semen is supposed to help soften and dilate your cervix. You can also try nipple stimulation but you should be careful and NEVER stimulate them in the middle of a contraction (painful or not).