jim b asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

how can i record a movie 2 a cd-r i have no dvd burner help i no there r waise i dont no please help?

heeeeeelllllp

Favorite Answer

Since CD-Rs only have about 710 MB of storage space, you will first need to convert your movie into a format (MPEG or AVI) which can be reduced in size until it will fit on that CD. There are several free and fee-based programs out there to do that.

Since you have no DVD burner, you WILL need a CD burner and burning software. TDK makes a GREAT CD reader/writer which comes with bundled burning software. If you dont have a CD burner EITHER, I recommend purchasing the DVD burner, the prices are comparable and you get much more storage space on one DVD than on one CD. The thing which stopped me from having a DVD burner for a year or so was the price of blank DVDs, but prices have dropped considerably over the last couple years, so this is no longer an issue.

The main thing you need to remember is to convert your movie into an MPEG-3 or AVI which is less than 715 MB in size. This gives you about 1.5 hours of programming, the quality is not going to be fantastic, but the entire movie will fit onto a CD-r.

Hope I helped

u cant first of all u need a dvd+R cd