DT asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 1 decade ago

Visit Malaysia 2007.Come visit a beautiful, lushful and colourful progressive moderate Muslim country?

• Sarah
    Favorite Answer

eh! ethel j...Malaysia is not a muslim country?? Where are you from? You sure you are from Malaysia? If its not, then what is it? Please do explain...

• Pamela

I agree with a several other people - unquestionably it has to be Iran. And specifically Isfahan - the Shah Mosque (how odd that seem still to be called that) is the only building I've ever seen that can hold a candle to the Taj Mahal for magnificence and sheer beauty. Go with an open mind and you will probably also find the native Iranians are the friendliest people you've ever met. But I'll admit it's not the easiest Islamic country to visit, so how about Egypt. And there's a lot more there than just Islamic architecture. Or you could try Turkey or Morocco - they both have a lot to offer too. <Edit> How did I forget Malaysia and Indonesia? Both are beautiful countries with much great Islamic architecture. And the scenery in both is just stunning!

I'll be making my 30th visit in March and I'm looking forward to it immensely. I've been visiting since I was 15 and even spent a year working there. I love Malaysia and have wonderful friends there who I can't wait to see again.

I WOULD LOVE TOO!! my husband is from Malaysia, and he hasn't been there in a long time!! may be this year! Insha' Allah.. He tells me is a beautiful county, the pictures I've seen from the family are very tempting, I had tried some foods, from his friends wife's and our kids and I love it, I'm Spanish! I tried making some, but I suck!!

No Thank You!!!!

I visited Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in the late 90s, Jalan Bukit Bintang to be exact, and two people robbed me at knife point. They got my cash and my passport. I asked the local police for help and they did nothing.....

Never again!!!!

sorry but i have already visited most of the states. Nice place minus the bad guys and the licensed bad guys.

• Mintee

ok.. i'll hop on the next flight out.... I have always wanted to visit malaysia... (probably nice right now compared to the cold wind we are getting here where I am)

DT please be remind that MALAYSIA is NOT, I repeat again it NOT, NOT, NOT, a "Muslim" country. UNDERSTAND???????

p/s For god sake sarah,

Drop by MPH or POPULAR book store and get “MALAYSIAN INDEENDANT BOOK”. It clearly stated that M’sia is not a muslim country. Tunku Abdul Rahman declared it. Malaysia now is independent. Please read the book before talking so much crap. Even Bush & Blair admitted that M’sia is not a muslim country.

I shall be reaching your shores in June or July thanks

Edit:

Hey, "Ethel J" Mabok ka? Mana ada tidak "Malaysia is not a Muslim country" Please explain your reasoning? Aku tidak faham nuan

In April....inshallah.......