what is the requirements for voteing?

inorder to vote, i need to no the facts

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Be age 18 by the next scheduled election and in most districts you have to register beforehand.

Edit to respond to other posts: In most states you can vote as a felon, but you have to have completed your sentence. However, 2 states Florida is one, Can't remember the other, will not allow you to vote if you have ever been convicted of a felon, irregardless of whether or not you have completed your sentence. Check state law on that one.

• 1 decade ago

To vote in the US you MUST :

be a citizen

be over 18 years old

be a registered voter

not be a felon

• Sarah
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well.. most of the time you are required to be a U.S. citizen, I suppose some vote illegally without meeting this requirement. You also must be 18, and you must register to vote.

• m c
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

18 yrs old, no felonies, no child support owed. Legal citizen, a few others, can not remember them all. check with the District Clerk in your area, they can tell you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

be 18.a legal resident,and not a felon.

• 1 decade ago

Please go to this link, each state has each on requirements and by going to this link you can click on your state and get the requested information:

http://www.vote411.org/bytopic.php?topicID=15

• 1 decade ago

You have about 4 mistakes in your short post. I'd rather you didn't vote. Thanks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.