oct41983 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Is a lab a good pet to have and for the city?

Favorite Answer

I will be very honest with you. Labs are very honest loving dogs and you will get a life full of love. But labs are big dogs that need a lot of exercise, they are also smart and need alot to occupy their minds! If you were a country person and all you loved was big open spaces to run and lots of places to hunt and sniff, would you want to live in the city? If you are dedicated to giving a lab alot of exercise then go ahead, but maybe chose a dog who would be better suited to a city lifestyle! Just a heads up from a lab owner!

Labs are a good choice to have as pets. I myself have a 4yr old (MAX) . The only thing you need to take care is that it gets some sort of exercise and workouts.My dog loves to swim and enjoy the cool waters of the swimming pool of Shawee Mission Park located near our house . And who does not know of the famous lab dogs like Buddy, U.S. President Bill Clinton's Labrador or Koni, Russian President Vladimir Putin's Labrador Retriever .. So if you dont own a Lab , Go for it

A lab is a good pet, friendly to children and it can be a great family dog. They are gentle. In this case, does your city have a park or beach? These dogs love activity and need exercise.

Absolutely! I have 2 labs and live in the city. They do require plenty of exercise. Most Labs will play fetch with you for hours if you let them. They love to swim. They are great with children. They love food so you have to have tough love with them or you end up with an overweight dog easily.

A lab might not be a good idea unless you walk them everday and keep them active. They are very active dogs and enjoy the water and the outdoors. They don't do good locked up in a house all day and can develope behavrial problems if not allowed to excercise and do active activities.

They can be, but I wouldn't recommend it. Labs (or any high energy breed) can cause problems in your home due to boredom. I grew up with a Golden Retriever/Labrador mix and even though we had a large fenced in yard, when she was nine months old she ate a tree (literally gnawed it into mulch) and a porch swing.

I've never had a lab ; but while in Petco I met one ; not sure how old but I believe he was a male. He seemed very laid back; sweet ; and calm. I'd get one if they weren't so big since I have small dogs -(Miniature Schnauzer and West Highland White Terrier)

labs are excellent pets, they love children and they love water. But they also need a lot of excerise. Be sure that you can give this to them.

nO. its depends on your house and daily activities. if your life is busy and your home is smalll, get a smaller dog like a chiwahwah(cannot spell). if your life is not busy and you have a huge home, get a lab. hope this help.

Visit http://www.dogsvets.net

You can ask a breed expert on this portal