Can you clean a plasma screen (on a computer) with windex?

If I can't use windex what can I use to clean it? Anything special I should do? Thanks for answers in advance!

Favorite Answer

Yes you can. Firstly make sure the plasma is off.....

Then spray the windex onto the rag, a soft cloth like a chux. Not so much that its dripping off, just damp. Then wipe, it should remove any gunk that you might have on it.

Review your owner's manual. It should give you the best instruction for your set.

Use only a microfiber or 100% cotton cloth. Do not use wood-based products such as paper towels or toilet paper, they could scratch the screen.

Do not use ammonia-based cleaners such as Windex, 409 or others. The could damage the anti-reflective coating on the glass.

Try first wiping it dry with the cotton or microfiber cloth.

If the problem persists, use a damp (water-only) cloth to clean it.

Some manufacturers recommend using mild soap, but do not do this unless your manufacturer recommends it.

I use Windex on my laptop and plasma tv all the time. My 3 year old daughter likes to smear food all over the screens, and it's really irritating.

I would not use windex. They have special cleaner for your screen. By all means, buy that. Until then, clean it with water and a soft cloth.

You can, but it's not the best. I would recommend a monitor cleaning solution (found easily online) or what I use is lens cleaner like for glasses. You can buy the package with the cleaner and microfiber cloth and it works great! Make sure you find a microfiber cloth though, anything else could damage your screen.

i install huge plasma tv's everyday and most of them come with a microfiber cloth (like the ones used to clean eyeglasses). if you dont have a microfiber cloth available, find the softest, least abrasive material you can find and moisten the rag with windex, dont spray the screen! wipe the screen with the damp rag.

go to walmart and get the cleaning pads from the pc isle their not that hard to find windex may be an issue

plasma? you must be thinking LCD and im not sure you can use windex but there are cleaners you can get at best buy

• Well I know on a laptop you have to use washing detergent and a wash rag so maybe it would be the same. Don't press hard on the screen.

I reckon you could get away with it, but dampen something like a piece of paper kitchen roll with it, rather than spray it about, just to be on the safe side............ then wipe dry with a seperate paper towel.