Thanks alot! it was driving me insane!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

♥ ♥ yes it is... awry is the word ♥ ♥

• 1 decade ago

Awry is a word (not used so much anymore) meaning to go wrong, to go astray--If you let your 6-y.o. son run the candy store, things will surely go awry in your absence.

(He'll invite all his friends over for taste testing from 2 to 4 while you're away; he'll eat his way through the bin of his favorite licorice,....Any manner and number of things could go wrong.)

• kennyj
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think the word you are trying to find here is "awry" which means to have something go wrong or not work out as planned.

• 1 decade ago

awry

One entry found for awry.

Main Entry: awry

Pronunciation: &-'rI

Function: adverb or adjective

1 : in a turned or twisted position or direction : ASKEW

2 : off the correct or expected course : AMISS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Are you playing SCRABBLE? And the word awry means that things have gone wrong. As in, 'My plans for the evening have gone awry.' Too bad for me ay?

• SD
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Definitions of awry on the Web:

away from the correct or expected course; "something has gone awry in our plans"; "something went badly amiss in the preparations"

askew: turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff"

amiss(p): not functioning properly; "something is amiss"; "has gone completely haywire"; "something is wrong with the engine"

askew: turned or twisted to one side; "rugs lying askew"; "with his necktie twisted awry"

• 1 decade ago

The nearest word to that, is "awry" . It means being "askew" or "lopsided". In common lingo, it means something went wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

awry, if something has gone awry, it means the thing didn't perform as expected

• 1 decade ago

awry

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

awry

here is a dictionary site for you, bookmark it in case you have other words to look up...

http://www.onelook.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.