Eli asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Computer Virus?

My computer has like an adware in a file or something that when I open Internet explorer, another internet explorer page will open (not pop ups) and will stand in the midle of everithing, I did run Ad- Aware from lavasoft, and Spyboot search and destroy and Avast antivirus and still getting that, I even clear all the internet temp files and history and cookies and everithing, but still have the windows open by itself, does anyone knows, what to do next.

please any help will be very apreciate it.

thanks.

Favorite Answer

You have spyware on your PC. Try with a spyware scanner. I reccommend "spyware doctor". It's the best. Download the trial version from pctools.com and type following license numbers on it. Your problem will be no more. Thank you.You can also download it from download.com.

License Name : Thomas Grassmann

Serial: BFA2-D53B-A6C7-A08B-B95E-C2DD-30F4-8E64-49CF-7E10

2

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?JETT

I have had the same experience on a couple of occasions. I'll tell what I did, from easy to difficult. Sometimes there is an ActiveX control that can get loaded into IE. Take a look a what controls are running in your browser and disable anything you do not recognize. Then restart your browser and see what happens.

Sometimes there are programs that get installed on the computer that cause this. Check your startup file in both the Start Menu startup folder and then with msconfig (or some utility like EndTaskPro) and see what's running at boottime.

If you can identify and remove any controls and/or programs (sometimes these get installed together) you'll fix this "hijacking". Otherwise, unless you are running IE7 or some other browser that you can uninstall and reinstall you're probably looking at a Windows reload.

Good luck!

most virus are spread through IE. IE is not a safe browser. you should use a more secure browser to protect your PC from virus.

i recommand you to use firefox with Google toolbar. firefox can block any any popup and disable any virus and adware, spyware on webpage, so, firefox is much safer than IE browser. as you know, most of virus spread throught internet and webpage.

besides, firefox is much smaller than IE, so it run faster than IE.

download firefox for free, Just have a try:

http://www.toolforyou.net/firefox/

Good Luck, Merry Xmas !!!

try this online scan

www.housecall.trendmicro.com