should I explain this to him?

so, I have this friend and we talk at least once a week (sometimes more) on the phone for hours at a time. he says that I'm the only one he feels like he can be himself around and how he wants to come meet my parents and stuff. not the point. the last time we talked he said that I never let him in. he said I never open up with him. and I admit that I do hold back to a point. I was best friends with a guy a few years ago and he really hurt me, and I'm afraid of being close with another guy on a best friend level because there are generally only a few outcomes to the friendship. 1) you end up not friends at all, 2) you end up okay friends, but nothing like what you had, or 3) you end up together. all three options kind of scare me because I don't wanna lose what I have now with him. so I guess I'm asking if I should try to explain my previous situation with the other guy and give insight as to why I hold back? or would that totally freak any guy out? any ideas?

Favorite Answer

I would talk to him. Sounds to me like you are losing him at this point anyway because you choose to be so secretive with him. Just tell him what's going through your mind and I betcha $1 that he totally understands.

If your that close to him it shouldnt be hard for you to open up to him. He obviously says he can open up to you. SO do the same!

i go wit avery anne..she said it all..