Backyardigans??

Anyone who has kids and watches the Backyardigans with them or if you watch the Backyardigans by yourself..lol...Who knows what kind of animal Uniqua is?? The pink one with the polka dots...I know there is a moose, a hippo, a penquin..and there is another purple thing on there...what is he? A kangaroo. Who knows? Cuz i surely dont. :-)

Favorite Answer

Uniqua is something Unique. She's really not of this world. That's why she was given the name.

http://nickjr.co.uk/shows/backyardigans/uniqua.asp...

Facts about Uniqua:

Light pink, with dark pink spots and light pink antennae, Uniqua wears overalls that are the reverse of her coloring. One of the smallest of the Backyardigans, she is very confident and daring, full of ideas and energy. Backyardigans creator Janice Burgess says that Uniqua is the Backyardigan she wishes she was like as a child.

Uniqua is voiced by LeShawn Jeffries, sung by Jamia Simone Nash and danced by Hattie Mae Williams.

UPDATE: According to the Nick Jr. FAQ on Backyardigans, Uniqua is "unique, just like her name!"

• joy

My son loves the backyardigans: Tasha, Uniqua, Pablo, Austin, and the other one... LOL

We love watching the DVD, we have Surfs Up and Mission to Mars. We got him also a bunch of books and toys with them for Christmas.

I've wondered that myself...Best we've guessed is that Uniqua is a salamander or a lizard of some kind because of those little curlies on the head.

We guessed the purple one as a kangaroo too...but some are hard to tell.

Source(s): I just clicked Ragazzo's link...he's got the answer. Nice!

Maybe a ladybug? She does have the spots for it. But then it wouldn't be fair that all of her friends are animals and she gets to be a bug. I think Austin is a kangaroo or a Dingo? I love watching the backyardigans their songs stay in my head all day long.

I don't know what she is, but to my 2 yr. old, she seems more like a god. She is unique, hence the name Uniqua.(my daughter has almost everyone of the characters) No matter what she is, she's a fixture in my house 7 days a week! And we love her!

Lol. Good question. My little girl loves them, and I've never thought about what Uniqua is. The antenna make her look bug-like, but I don't know... she'd be a pretty big bug.

i dont know what she is! I think they name her Uniqua because shes unique.

her name is uniqua its not just her name its also her species.

Source(s): nick.com
  • tanner

Ya know, I can't figure that one out either. But at one time my son thought she was a dinosaur.