help with fixing broken super nintendo?

the power output (jack) is missing a little plastic cylinder that goes over the little power prong things on the inside of the output. ever since i lost that piece my super nintendo doesn't want to turn on. if you know how to resolve this problem plz tell me what to do.

thanks...

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

sorry, but if it's not something that looks easily fixed on your end, it's gonna be tough to get it fixed with external help.

you'd probably do best to shell out 25-30 dollars to get a new snes - it might be cheaper in the long run, than any repairs you might make

I think I know what you mean. It's a sleeve that retains the connector after it's plugged into the SNES. Same thing happened to me but I got lucky as it broke in half so it will still work so long as the other half doesn't fall out.

I'm sorry to say I really don't see any way of fixing this aside from opening the SNES and cutting and splicing the wires just above the connector and connecting them directly to the +/- parts of the jack, using a little solder. Run the wires out through the hole where the jack is and tie a knot in the wire to make sure it can't be pulled out. Of course this means having a fixed plug you can't remove without reversing the procedure above.

An alternative is Emulation. I put my SNES in a drawer a long time ago and downloaded the games I have on cartridge to my hard drive. ZSNES runs all of them pretty much the same way (except for pilot wings) the console does except the sounds aren't always the same. It's supposed to be okay to do this so long as you actually own the games you download and possess the cartridges,

no remember if it remains below guarantee make the main of it, Nintendo prolonged my guarantee for yet another year. They backed up all of my guidance and reinstalled it while they have been accomplished solving it.