what do you think of the killing (Death sentence) of Saddam Hussein?

Favorite Answer

Well I do not like violence. But when I see all those innocent people that he killed, well something had to be done. I feel that if he was in jail, he had connections and could of escaped and then there would have been a chance that he would not have been found. This was not an easy decision that was made and well we have to live with what was done and move on. I know that this is a very sensitive subject. But there is no easy answer. I could cry myself to sleep with all this hate and violence going on in this world.

Some people are saying he shouldn't have been hung, and for a normal case of murder I would agree. But this isn't a normal murder case. This guy was responsible for the deaths of nearly two million people.

Some people have suggested he be tried for each separate crime against humanity / genocide incident. The problem is every time you put him on trial his comments about how he is still the legitimate President of Iraq and how he'd done nothing wrong are broadcast and all his followers listen to them and believe he is right. For a punishment to be effective you have to deny him the ability to make public broadcasts.

He was in prison once before and escaped by sweet talking the guards into believing he was innocent.

As I see it, this was the only realistic option.

Those people evidently mean business there! It went so fast from trial to his death! I think in some ways, it will show the world, that being a terrorist doesn't pay. I feel bad for him almost in a way, but then I think of those people buried alive, among many other atrocities, and I don't feel all that bad. He was also SO beligerant, rude, and cocky up to the end. It is sort of the worst nightmare to live out. To have done what he did, and to die so disgracefully. It is just kind of very "wow" for me, for lack of better words right now.

I'M SURE HE DESERVED IT FOR ALL THE HUMAN BEINGS HE BRUTALLY MURDERED & TORTURED though IT IS ASHAME IT CAN NEVER BRING ANYONE OF THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!! At least now the family's of all those victim's can maybe find a little closer and know that justice was served for there loved ones.

But now what? Will we be blown to smitherines, came at from all sides? He would have been more miserable for a longer time if her were kept in a hole with no sunlight, or human contact for his remainder of time. Only pictures of all the murdered soles pasted on the walls around him.

• ©2009

He was treated much better than his victims.

The US justice system could learn much from the Iraqi justice system. Found guilty and given the death penalty, you won't linger about on death row, that's for sure.

I think that it is over and there is nothing that can be done to change that fact.....why does everyone care so much?! It seems like everyone cares more now that he's dead....we've known about this for a while. Why all the discussion NOW?

If the message is to sentence to death every murder, we can keep it up by applying it now, to Mr. Bush, whom have sent thousands to die in the Iraq's war.

I think he probably deserved what he got, but hanging just seems like a cruel and archaic way of execution. Just give him an injection, or something.

The death penalty is wrong under ANY circumstances.

a lot of people say this is wrong but i dont care. \\

i dont agree with death sentences.

they just make the punishment as bad as the crime. its like saying, well, you murderd so we will murder you.

how about just putting him in a prison for life?