JMG asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

How can i Tell my parents?

Hey guys, first of all, hppy! nw Yr!!!. Well, the thing is that i use to somoke casually, but my parents haven't noticed about it. How can i tell them i smoke? i really want to do that with freedom.

Favorite Answer

♥ ♥ if you are old enough to smoke then you are old enough to not sneak.. so tell them and buy your own smokes... remember your freedom to smoke stops at their freedom to breathe clean air..♥ ♥

If you are old enough to smoke, then just tell them honestly that it is your descision. Hopefully they will respect your decision, however if they are non smokers or have a smoke free home you need to respect their decisions not to smoke there.

They may seem shocked or over react a little first because they are your parents and want what is best for you. No doubt you are aware of the health affects smoking causes, if you had to watch someone die of the horrible affects then you would think again. Its not a pretty site!!!

• sglmom

First of all -- you sound awfully young, and if you are worried about your parents finding out ... I am also going to assume that YOU are living in their home.

Here is a thought ... QUIT SMOKING! Not only does it damage your own body -- but it also is proven that 2nd hand smoke damages the bodies of those around you who do NOT smoke.

While in the parents' home ... respect the home and NOT SMOKE. Once you are of legal age and in your own home -- then do what you want.

Source(s): UNTIL you live in your own home (paid for out of your income) and are of legal age .. then respect your PARENTS and DO NOT SMOKE! Tell them that you have tried smoking so that they can take you to the doctor and to smoking cessation classes. YOU ARE TOO YOUNG to throw your life away! Empty Nesting Single Retiree (was a Long Term Single Parent) -- and yes, one of my children's so-called 'friends' started the child smoking. HE KNEW that I had Asthma and 2nd hand smoke did HARM me ... It took a LOT of attention on my part to make sure that Cigarettes were NOT in his backpack, clothes, the house or anywhere around my home ... I got to the point where I searched his room too. I needed to LIVE more than he needed stupid so-called friends and their bad influence. He KNEW the rules -- NO SMOKING in the HOME! Been there, done that -- for my OWN HEALTH's sake ... and it was something that needed to be done. Took him to the MD and to smoking cessation classes too.
  • Jack

Well, first you sound like you are 10 years old. Second, smoking is a terrible habit that kills you and the people around you. It is expensive and just down right nasty. I would tell you that if I were your parents.

A person of your generation should have the brains not to smoke. It's fully realized now that smoking ruins your health.

how old are you? smoking is really bad for you.. but im not here to preach ya. if you are responsible to smoke, then live up to it. tell your parents that you wanted to be the first to tell them before they caught you doing it or from someone elses' mouth.

• maamu

QUIT

Your generation was supposed to be smarter than mine.

But if you insist on continuing to smoke, I would suggest you tell your parents about it--on your 18Th birthday.

M

Let them find your cigarate. Then tell them you are smoking.

Slowly they will accept you, it may take about half to 1 year they acept, or they will continue make noise untill you died...

This is what i see my brother do..Now my mom do continuoosly scold them..hahah

Don't tell them, just quit. It's nasty anyway and you should quit while you can still do it easily.

NON SMOKERS DIE TOO, BUT IT IS BAD FOR YOU, SO DON'T SMOKE. BUT IF YOU MUST, JUST TELL THEM.