Do you think religion is a sign of dependence ?

Favorite Answer

from the leader-control

from the followers-dependency

Being dependent on God is a good thing. He created us, He loves us, He knows us, He knew us before we were conceived. He sent His Son- He is the Lord of all. Depending on God is what we were created to do. It is our choice if we want to be dependent on Him or not. Satan wanted to be independent- God allowed that. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, according Him and He will direct your path.

The religion I belong to tells me not to take their word for anything. They say to go to God and ask Him what is true and to develop my own personal relationship with Him. There is no reason why we can't all have our own prayers answered and get our own individual guidance from God. That does not seem blind or ignorant at all to me, like some people think. I believe it makes perfect sense and I have found this to work really well in my life.

Yes, to the questions beyond our comprehension, a dependence to guide us on the Right path, dependence to seek advice from our Maker.

People who are heavily devoted to religion (in my humble opinion) are trying to fill a void in their life. There is something missing that they don't know how to fix so they turn to stories which claim to tell them the "truth".

Religion and spirituality are very different things and I beleive hard core religion is definately a sign of dependence by people who can't live in the reality of the world.

On a practical level we can live with or without God. Our emotional needs and spiritual needs however do require a dependence on God to fully realize who we are.

The whole of being is dependence. We depend on the universe for food, gravity, oxygen, etc.

When it is practised by a Hermit, in a cave, high up in the mountains, away from people, it is a sign of independence.

Shure! A dependence on God.. I culd think of workse places to be!

We all have to be dependent on someone in some respect.

Every bit of it. I depend on God and wouldn't have it any other way. With God I can do anything.