How much weight can you bench press? How tall and heavy are you?

I am 4'10" about and weigh 71 pounds. The bar on my set is 15 lbs and I add 2.5 lb weights to each end for a total bench press of 20 pounds. That is my max! Curious about how this compares to others, either bigger or smaller than me.

Favorite Answer

most trainers say you should be able to bench your own weight.so about 75 lbs

• Lisa

im 6'4 to. i can currently bench press 80kg which is my own bodyweight. its harder for us taller guys as we have further to bring the bar down, then furhter again to push it back up, but it is very possible to bench heavier weight still. i never decline press as ive heard it is not as beneificial compared to flat and incline press movements. incline press is the hardest out of the 3, so it would be normal to not be able to lift the same amount of weight you are pressing on the flat. remember that even though triceps arent the primary muscle being worked in a bench press, it is still very much key to have strong tricpes to help benefit your chest exercises seeing as this is the secondary muscle being worked.

How old are you? In high school when I weighed 205 pounds and was 6' 2" I could bench 210 pounds. But I am guessin you haven't hit puberty yet so that is like comparing oranges and apples.

when i was playing sports I was able to rep 110 at 119 pounds a girl 5'2 and not that strong up top

You sound like you might be 10 years old or something. It might be too early to start lifting weights, but if your going to continue, just take it slow. Eventually you will end up lifting heavier weight.

6'1 215lbs bench 300.

you might be a little young to be lifting weights.take it easy

I'm 5'9", 175-180lbs (I'm afraid to go on the scale...), and I can bench 125lbs (45lbs on each side). Keep working on it, dude, you'll be up to two 45lbs on each side soon enough.