Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 1 decade ago

can humans fly?

I was thinking about building wings out of plastic/paper....in such a way that would resember a bird's wings. and then somehow attach them to my body and see if it could create any sort of lift. then I'm gonna go up to a hill, and jump off it and see if I could fly like a bird. anyone reccomend doing it? what is my success rate?

• Dirty
    Favorite Answer

i think if you'll let some1 punch your ball very hard, you'll have a bigger chance.

You won't be able to fly. You're too heavy. And by the way, did you go to pre school? If you did, you should know that by 6. If you jump of a hill, you can only glide with the aide of wind. A bird's body structure is made so that it is light and its muscles can flap many times before it gets tired.

it really depends... are you particularly fond of yahoo answers? Would you like to post more questions on here? If the answer to either question was yes, I highly recommend not trying to fly... if you answered no, and have no problem spending a prolonged period in the hospital or "meeting your maker" so to speak then you may try it, and of course you must let us know how it works out for you...

somehow I do believe a hang glider, air balloon, airplane, anything meant for humans to fly in... may be the safer and "better" route to take

Source(s): a couple "flights" off the roof and a few broken bones later.... lol

Zero success rate with plastic... unless u mean glide. Need to consider lift and drag in the flapping motion..

Well if you had the ability to fly, most humans could not because of the amount of arm strength it would take and then your body weight would pull you down.

Ask the many who have tried -and failed- before you. Humans can fly using a properly constructed aircraft, glider etc but that's it. I don't personally recommend you carry out your experiment.

About the wings...i don`t think we can fly.But if you wish much to fly,in your dream you will can be Super-Man because the dream its ...our brain show we images for...our wishes.And if you see films and all like this when somedy fly your brain will show you,in your dream,how you fly.

I saw a prog' on discovery channel once, they were tryin todo it. Actually u can't..cz ur limbs can't support to push up ur body weight, as any other flying animal.

been done.. didnt work. dont you read history of flight.. now you can fly with a hand glider . .love em..but the other idea .. well lets put it this way "nice to know you and you will be fondly remembered"

I think if your going to try to fly, it should be in an airplane, or hang glider....Honestly, no offense, but your just a little too heavy........

go for it

only I would reccomend something higher than a hill

like a house maybe