Gemini
Lv 5
Gemini asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Has the Iraq War Cost over 1.7 Billion Dollars Yet?

The Bush Administration claimed the war would probably only cost $1.7 Billion Dollars Total. I figure we're maybe half way thru with this war and we've probably just spent about $800 million so far. Anybody know?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They lied.

• 1 decade ago

heh, you should try "Trillion" instead of "Billion". The most unbiased $USD value seems to be around $200 Million per day - each and every day since the war began and continues (and that is just for Iraq). Latest estimates are between 1.5 to 2 Trillion USD.

Ironically and sadly the poorest 54 countries have debts totalling between US$ 300 and US$ 400 billion, whilst for the poorest 152 countries, it is over US$ 2.5 trillion.

During 2005, these countries paid nearly $43 billion to the rich world in debt service (payments of interest and principal) – that is $118 million a day.

For all ‘developing’ countries, total external debt owed at the end of 2005 was $2.8 trillion, and over the course of that year they paid $511 billion servicing these debts.

These debts could be completely wiped out and free millions of people from grinding poverty. Now think what that would do for world peace and America's standing in the world.

Worth a thought surely....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1.7 billion dollars may sound like a ton of money, but it's very little in today's bloated world.

The Iraq involvement cost about 500 to 800 billion dollars, depending on what is actually defense expense and what is private expense.

This figure is a considerable amount of the national debt.

It's almost 10% of the national debt...meaning, every youngster coming up today, every child being born into 2007, will one day be asked to repay this Iraq mess of debt.

Seeing where good paying jobs are quickly disappearing from the scene, I have no clue as to who will be capable of paying back these iniatives created to spread capitalism, while those getting fat and rich on this misery, find loopholes and foreign tax shelter schemes to avoid paying the taxes.

Got that?

• wishon
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I even have asked countless democrat senator's aids this same question (you may not get the easily senator on the telephone) all of them say we would desire to be sure each and every physique is insured. Do you recognize that we could provide each and every individual who's uninsured a million Million money a three hundred and sixty 5 days for scientific insurance for the ten years the bill covers and it may basically be 450 Million. The senate bill would not even conceal all and sundry. i'm against the bill as a results of fact it spends over 1000 billion money as quickly as completely applied to insure 9% of the inhabitants. right this is my bill a million. Make it unlawful for all and sundry to be denied wellness insurance or wellness payements from insurance firms as a results of pre-latest circumstances or credit - tax funds needed=0 2. enable insurance rules bypass with the worker from interest to interest - tax oney needed = 0 3. enable insurance be offered for the time of state lines so as that human beings can decide on the final insurance and the final cost for his or her needs - tax funds needed = 0 4. supply vouchers of as much as a hundred,000 money for insurance to those who can not locate the money for insurance - tax funds needed = a hundred,000 x 15 million 5. enable people who don't experience a would desire to purchase insurance yet can locate the money for or not it somewhat is enrolled in a plan for catastrophic insurance which suits into result if needed and then the money are at once withdrawn from the guy's paycheck. would not take 2000 pages and would not take a million billion money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes it has. The War on Iraq costs 8 billion per month. More than 350 billion has been spent already. President Bush has arranged to keep the cost "off the books" and have your children and grandchildren pay for it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dude, we're spending 2 Billion a month!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hmmm bad news for you. its up to the multiple 100's of billions of dollars.

• mumtaz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

trillion, my boy trillion. halibertion in under investigation for 3.5 billion disappearing alone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.