jasmine :) asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

What if you want to travel overseas for 3 months but you have braces?

If I want to travel overseas for a long period of time and I have braces what could I do? Because I need to get them tightened every six weeks. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

You need to discuss this with your othodontist and get his input on this. Only he can give you the answer to this. My son wanted to spend the summer at his aunts house in KS and his ortho wouldn't let him go that long even if he promised to be seen by another ortho is anything came up. My sister in law even had an ortho doc lined up that would see him in an emergency but the ortho doc said he couldn't be gone that long. Talk to your ortho doc about this.

Usually the dentist in a foreign country is better than the ones here and less expensive. It really depends on what country and shouldn't really be a problem.

• Mintee

consult with your orthodontist before you go.. ask him/her what you should do and if in emergency (if a wire snaps etc) what would he suggest.. maybe he might give you a paper with a brief breakdown of what he is doing on you and if need be, you can go to a local ortho there in your vacation area for a fix.. goodluck!

talk to ur dentist

EXCUSE ME girl but whether u have bracies or not ur beautiful and im saying this because everyone is beautiful just not alway in the same way.

Source(s): im my own source.

talk to your orthodontist