Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Do curling irons work fine?

I am thinking to buy a curling iron because I'm tired of my hair style. I want to make it a little curly, but I'm not sure if curling irons curl your hair or not. I am also afraid of damaging my hair with the heat. any suggestions? and what is the best hair curling iron?

Favorite Answer

anything ceramic... make sure to add mousse to your hair while it is wet before drying and styling

Actually, forgo the mousse and get heat activated hair products, your hairdresser knows your hair best and would probably have the best suggestions on what type of products would work best for you. I very much like the Matrix line. They have curl-style and it starts with shampoo, conditioner up to hairspray that will not cause your hair to frizz. Curling irons work if you have a bit of time to work on your hair, they give you nice results and if you use products such as a spray on gel when blow drying your hair and some type of hair spray or setter when curling you should have nice defined curls. My all time favorite are hot curlers. You can just turn them on when you wake up, or when you first start getting ready, roll them and clip them to your hair and finish getting ready. You should never use them ith wet or damp hair and they deliver a more natural curl in a short amount of time!

Good luck!

• Dyan

Curling irons work great, but buy one with multiple setting as after awhile, it does make your hair brittle on the ends.

• Lisa

i dont like the curling irons. maybe i was just doing it wrong, or just had a crappy iron, but no matter how much hair product i used, the curls would always un-curl [my hairs naturally straight] within a few hours. and they didnt look natural. i prefer rollers.

you will damage your hair only if you curl or straighten you hair too much and if you blast the heat. and nothing cant be fixed right? you hair will grow back.

im not a girl

Are you white or are you black? it depends.