jen asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I am 5 months pregnant?

and I sometimes get these feelings in my stomach as if I am being shocked or something. Does anyone know what that means or why it happens?

Favorite Answer

It could be a number of things like the baby moving, although at 5 months you should have had some indication of that already and be able to recognize it, or it could be round ligament pain, this is perfectly normal, and happens alot when you either lay wrong, turn to fast or it can even happen when you sneeze hard, its like sharp stabbing pains on the sides of your tummy surrounding the uterus, the can also hurt from time to time as they stretch to accommodate your growing uterus.

It could also be other things, if you are all concerned talk to your GP on the phone and he/she will direct you in the right course of action..

I hope this helps.

• Supposedly when a baby moves, it feels like tiny little twitches on your stomach. And at about at 5 months a baby is supposed to be moving, so that may be it. But if you are still concerned there is no reason not to call your doctor. That's what they are there for.

Ive had a few babies, and there are so many different feelings and sensations in your belly that come along with a pregnancy. Usually, you just dont know what they are so it's normal to worry. Ask your doctor to ease your mind.

When child moves in the stomach it happens some time so please keep doing exercises to avoid much pain before and at the time of birth of the child.

Yeah - that's your nerves reacting to the growing belly. Could also be sensations of your baby moving about inside.

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me.

I've worked with many pregnant women that is not normal tell your doctor

It could be round ligament pains.

Source(s): I'm 7 months preggers!

That feeling is when your ligments are stretching. It is normal.

could be a kick, i would ask a doctor