Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Help with pregnant cat!!!?

FIRST OFF: before you decide to bash me for being a horrible pet parent, don't. I have never "fixed" a female cat. We got our male kitten only a little while ago. He's only about 6 months old, and I thought he was to young to fix. Basic lack of information.

Anyways so my cat is pregnant and my vet is an idiot and I can't afford another $60 bill to just say hi again.

Can someone give me some sites that list pregnancy stages for cats? I want to try and guess how long I have until she has her babies. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Dont worry about people bashing ou because your not a bad mommy! It happens some time and your male kitten had just hit the ideal age to fix him some vets wait even longer then 6 months, but he obviously was an early blumer huh?

As far as your vet goes I would not pay $60 ever to just get seen by a vet. Look for discount vets in your area that will charge little to nothing to see you. They will usually charge only $20 and they and all around cheaper, but still very good vets.

Try this website on pregnancy in cats: http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-expecting.htm

Good Luck with your cats!!!

Sure...The reproduction process is usually very loud, as both cats vocalize loudly. If one is not used to the sounds of cats mating, it will sound like a cat fight.

The gestation period for cats is approximately 63-65 days. The size of a litter averages three to five kittens, with the first litter usually smaller than subsequent litters. Kittens are weaned at between six and seven weeks, and cats normally reach sexual maturity at 4-10 months (females) and to 5-7 months (males).

A kitten that has opened its eyes for the very first time.The pregnant cat will exhibit physical and personality changes. Pregnant cat physical changes include abdominal enlargement, vomiting, increased appetite, pinking of nipples, and cessation of heat cycle. Pregnant cat personality changes include nesting behavior during the terminal stages of pregnancy and also increased affection throughout the stages of pregnancy.[40]

Cats are ready to go to new homes at about 12 weeks old (the recommended minimum age by Fédération Internationale Féline), or when they are ready to leave their mother. Cats can be surgically sterilized (spayed or neutered) as early as 6-8 weeks to limit unwanted reproduction. This surgery also prevents undesirable sex-related behavior, such as territory marking (spraying urine) in males and yowling (calling) in females. If an animal is neutered after such behavior has been learned, however, it may persist.

Check this site out it has catlovers and they are usually on call 24/7

Source(s): www.thecatsite.com

5 to 7 weeks if it is her first litter I would say closer to 7 week. I so wish it were that easy for us.

Take it to the doctor.