Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

It used to be, 'that's girlish', now it is, 'dude that's gay'. Comments?

• Jack
    Favorite Answer

It's kind of funny. People say "dude, that's gay" as if it's a bad thing, but yet some of those same people have the attitude of "not that there's anything wrong with that." Some people make me laugh. BTW, I'm anti-homo marriage/unions.

It is all about upsetting people and gay is more upsetting than girlish. The reason for this is they type of gay saying that is gay is referring to. No one is saying that is gay as in someone who likes other men, they are saying that is gay as in a man who acts like a girl and flaunts themselves as a moron who cannot do anything for themselves and is the most annoying type of person you can find.

PS don't take me wrong I am saying nothing against homosexuals, I am saying that it is annoying when someone, anyone, is incapable of helping themselves in any way shape or form and this is what we are referring to, or at least what I am referring to, when I say such a phrase.

Man, its just a sign of the changes.

Being gay wasn't as big back then, and open, and only like 2 people confessed.

You were still in the colset back then so that phrase wouldn't even existed.

It just simply wasn't popular.

'thats girlish' is too hard to pronounce. 'dude thats gay' has much more of a flow to it.

I never heard "that's girlish". The whole thing's kinda "lame" though, don't you think?

I HATE it when people refer to bad things as being gay, as if being gay were the worst thing in the world.

Egh.

hey man when things change uv just gotta get wit the flow trust i would know but hey thats a differnt story.

Source(s): im my own source.

Actually it used to be "Oh Mary D. A."

I Cr 13;8a

Happy New Year.

Word play. There was a time that folks actually took pride in how they expressed themselves. Now the American language is just, kind of..........queer.

people refer to something they dont like or approve of because of its feminine aspects, as gay, because now days, people are scared of what they dont know about, and if your not gay, you dont know that its actually just feminine, not gay