DOes anyone know of a govenment program that helps pay for a home care nurse for a longtime ill patient?

My father is ill with ms, he is recently been getting worse with severe bladder problems and severe pain in his abdomin. In adition to ms he has prostate cancer that the doctor say they he is not a good canadite for sergury due to his weak state. My mother is his sole care giver due to the expense of a home nurse. Is there any government fund that she can qualify for that would provide care for my father and releave some stress from her? I know he doesn't wualify for hospice. Any other program that would help?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    My mother-in-law has a home health aide that comes to her house twice a day for 2 hours at a time. All she has is Medicare and Medicaid to cover hers.

  • 1 decade ago

    check into medicad or medecare. If you need more help go to your local Social Services or the Social Security office, and maybe they could tell you more. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, and may the lord bless your mama and you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.