Mirage
Mirage asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

which one should I pick? A full keyboard or a acoustic piano?

OK a full keyboard (that's what I call it, don't know its real name) is way more cheaper, but should I go ahead and buy it (500 dollars) or wait until I can afford an acoustic one, which I've wanted all my life. An acoustic is about what? 5,000 dollars?

Little help here, please.

Oh and do you have to tune a piano?

Because that would be another advantage in having an electric, because u don't have too. I'm confused as always.

It's not for decorating I'll tell ya that. It's to play classical music. How much would a tune cost exactly?

Favorite Answer

Get an acoustic one. Electric pianos just aren't the same. Touch is different, you can't do forte and piano, and some of then don't even have 88 keys. You will want all these sooner or later. You can buy the used ones at less that 1,000. Yes, you have to do tuning which will cost ~$60 peferably annually, but electiric ones break too. And never buy the rolling sheet thing. You can't make music out of it.

It depends what you want it for, for classical music or to decorate your home, I would wait and get the acoustic piano, for a band or just playing any old music I would recommend a keyboard. If money's a problem get the keyboard because yes, you need to tune pianos.

If your money situation is tight, buy the keyboard for now. Save up to get a piano later. But there's really nothing like playing on a real piano.

• Go for the keyboard.