1)Wtz the diff b/n Electrical grounding n electronic grounding.?
2)Please do include the details as to why does spark devlop wn connection at one end is loose. 3)How the +ve electrode retains itz polarity though it accepts the electrons continuously, in a closed circuit.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Grounding electrode. A conducting element used to connect electrical systems and/or equipment to the earth.
For indepth details, please click:
For various book pl. click:
Why grounding is so important ?
Earthing of electrical systems is required for a number of reasons, principally to ensure the safety of people near the system and to prevent damage to the system itself in the event of a fault. The function of the protective conductor, or earth, is to provide a low resistance path for fault current so that the circuit protective devices operate rapidly to disconnect the supply.
The NEC, National Electrical Code defines a ground as: "a conducting connection, whether intentional or accidental between an electrical circuit or equipment and the earth, or to some conducting body that serves in place of the earth." When talking about grounding it is actually two different subjects, earth grounding and equipment grounding. Earth grounding is an intentional connection from a circuit conductor usually the neutral to a ground electrode placed in the earth. Equipment grounding is to ensure that operating equipment within a structure is properly grounded. These two grounding systems are required to be kept separate except for a connection between the two systems to prevent differences in potential from a possible flashover from a lightning strike. The purpose of a ground besides the protection of people plants and equipment is to provide a safe path for the dissipation of Fault Currents, Lightning Strikes, Static Discharges, EMI and RFI signals and Interference.
Improper grounding can create a lethal hazard. Correct grounding is essential for correct operation nad safety of electrical equipments. Grounding can solve many problems, but it can also cause new ones. One of the most common problem is called "ground loop".
- thoringtonLv 43 years ago
i could agree that a window unit would be your maximum expedient answer. Evaporative coolers are available as window units, are greater fee-effective to run and supply adequate cooling in case you reside in a dry climate (until this is one hundred and five). Any companion and young infants equipment will perform with no floor, yet to function good, you would be wanting it grounded. An air conditioner attracts a lot greater modern-day than a lamp, working example, so the threat of electrocution is larger. A grounded adaptor could paintings in case you're confident to connect it good. by using ways, if air con replaced into between the "constructive properties" of the abode once you rented, you in all probability have ability of recourse with the owner if he (or she) chooses to be obstinate. good success.
- 1 decade ago
1) For laymen understanding, electrical grounding is a protection of your house against lightning, instead burning your house or someone inside your house gets fried. In your appliances, electrical grounding protects you from getting electrical shock in case one of the electrical wire touches the metal body of your appliance. Now on electronic grounding, it is a protection of a certain circuitry from getting damaged by an electrical charge from your body in case you touch it.
2) Electrical wire connection is like a water pipe connection. Electrical current passes through the wire while water current passes through the pipes. If there is a loose connection of a certain electrical wire, or loose pipe connections on your water pipes; The loose pipe connections will produce leaks while the loose electrical connections will produce sparks.
3) It always retain its polarity always. Just like magnets, it retains its polarity, north and south. Electricity is based on magnetism. Law of nature.Source(s): from books