Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Can Wii play Gamecube games?

I haven't gotten a Wii yet, but I am dying to get one. I wanted to know if Wii will play gamecube games. I have a zelda collector's edition with a bunch of zelda games and was wondering If I could play that on a Wii.

Also, what are the chances of getting a Wii in California?

Also do you need a memory card still, or did they put in some kind of a hard drive or memory storage in the game console?

Favorite Answer

I got my wii from http://www.doiop.com/wiii. you could try to get the wii in stores but i gave up of getting em in stores. i dont think the wii plays gamecube gamecubes. i haven't tried though.

Yeah, I have a Wii and you definitely can. You need gamecube controller, but your old memory cards and controllers and everything will work perfectly in it.

• nick

yes, the wii can play gamecube games. you will need a wii classic controller or a gamecube controller to play them.

Sure will play gamecube games. You can find a Wii pretty much anywhere.

im proud that ur getting the wii. *tear* i love it when ppl contribute to nintendo. it can play gamecube games but u need the control the actual gamecube game and the memory card. by connecting online u can buy past games from nintendo 64, super nintendo, nintendo, turbo graffix, and one more system that i forget. trust me, wii is everything u need

Yes, but you NEED a Cube controller. Preferably a Wavebird. The classic controller will not work with Cube games. Don't know about Cali though. I'm on the east coast. Try Wiitracker.com or is it wiifinder.com

yes it will be able to play them but you need the gamecube controller

ya you can...it's pretty sweet...you still need a memory card and now you can play some of the games in 480p...nuts...

Gamestop gets them in on sundays but get there early!!!

and yes it will play game cube to!

Source(s): Gamestop

yes, you need a memory card and controller