Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Can Wii play Gamecube games?

I haven't gotten a Wii yet, but I am dying to get one. I wanted to know if Wii will play gamecube games. I have a zelda collector's edition with a bunch of zelda games and was wondering If I could play that on a Wii.

Also, what are the chances of getting a Wii in California?

Update:

Also do you need a memory card still, or did they put in some kind of a hard drive or memory storage in the game console?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I got my wii from http://www.doiop.com/wiii. you could try to get the wii in stores but i gave up of getting em in stores. i dont think the wii plays gamecube gamecubes. i haven't tried though.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, I have a Wii and you definitely can. You need gamecube controller, but your old memory cards and controllers and everything will work perfectly in it.

• nick
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yes, the wii can play gamecube games. you will need a wii classic controller or a gamecube controller to play them.

• 1 decade ago

Sure will play gamecube games. You can find a Wii pretty much anywhere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

im proud that ur getting the wii. *tear* i love it when ppl contribute to nintendo. it can play gamecube games but u need the control the actual gamecube game and the memory card. by connecting online u can buy past games from nintendo 64, super nintendo, nintendo, turbo graffix, and one more system that i forget. trust me, wii is everything u need

• 1 decade ago

Yes, but you NEED a Cube controller. Preferably a Wavebird. The classic controller will not work with Cube games. Don't know about Cali though. I'm on the east coast. Try Wiitracker.com or is it wiifinder.com

• 1 decade ago

yes it will be able to play them but you need the gamecube controller

• 1 decade ago

ya you can...it's pretty sweet...you still need a memory card and now you can play some of the games in 480p...nuts...

• 1 decade ago

Gamestop gets them in on sundays but get there early!!!

and yes it will play game cube to!

Source(s): Gamestop
  • 1 decade ago

yes, you need a memory card and controller

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.