Alright...I'm kind of in a weird situation....?

Alright, so I've been seeing this girl I work with for a little while now..and tonight I celebrated New Years with her family and her friends. So her girl friends were pretty cool and everything. But her guy friends were basically hillbilly hicks...extremely ignorant...ONLY listen to country music, hate blacks and gays, love John Deere, etc. It was hard to get along with them, and since I had on a Hollister shirt, they kinda made fun of me. I pretty much just shrugged them off, and told the girl I'm seeing that they basically hate me, but she said it didn't matter...

So I'm kind of in a slump about what to do

Favorite Answer

who cares about them, what matters is what she thinks

If you really like the girl, then you will have to accept that on occasion you will have to deal with her friends.

I can't blame you though. The guys sound pretty negative, and I would wonder why your girlfriend would hang out with such people anyhow.

Unfortunately, I suggest u guys be friends. You're going to have a lot of problems in the future with her family members. You might feel uncomfortable every holiday. Also, why hang around dumb ppl when they will only lower your IQ?

• If she said it doesn't matter it doesn't matter. It's between you and this girl - not those guys. Don't feel a need to be validated by her guy pals. If they don't like you for who you are then that's too bad. She likes you and that's all that matters.

Source(s): been there, done that :)

oh man that would be kinda hard. well if she really is into u then she wouldnt care what theythink and take up for u.

• Joho

get over it and forget about it. good luck and have a happy new year.

So - who you dating?

Her, her g/fs or her 'male' friends?

get over it