do broadheads come pre sharpened?

• randkl
    Favorite Answer

Easy answer. I've never picked up a pack that wasn't razor sharp. If they weren't, there would be no reason for me to buy them. No company is going to last two weeks without doing that.

It's been my experience that most every broadhead comes pre-sharpened and extremely sharp, so if your not sure ask the person where your buying them from.

Good luck and happy hunting,

-Jim-

Roughly. It also dends on the brand. For huntying they should be sharp like a razor. I used to sharpen mine with a file and then a small fine wetstone. They kill by bleeding not by shock and a cut from a dull head will clot and not bleed properly. Once they are sharp BE CAREFUL AROUND THEM and keep them in a covered quiver or in a sturdy container if they are not permanently on the arrows. People have been known to get stuck with them by accident and die.

some yes and some no

yes they do