Im running rich............?

My 95 s10 blazer, I was told was running rich, not getting any smoke or anything but the plugs were gapped way wrong and burnt up..... The guys at auto zone told me I was rich and I dont know how to fix this, any advice would help...Thnx

Favorite Answer

. that problem occur because, the spark plug where to old and the gap went beyond specifications.

remove replace the distributor's rotor, cap, wires to plugs and the spark plugs them self.

other than that You will have no problem.

P.S. I don't know if You have installed a high performance coil on that vehicle

• Nomadd

A bad temp sensor or bad O2 sensor can make you run rich.

It's hard to gap a plug that badly. The gaps aren't that critical.

It could be your temp sensor,not temp sender,the temp sensor may be telling the computer the engine is cold therefor running rich it is located at the top and front of the intake manifold with two wires attached to it.

how new is the air filter? i'm guessing there are a lot of miles on a 95 truck. that will lead to oil blow by into the air cleaner getting the filter soaked so that air can't get in. change it and see if that helps.

Go some place else. Never go there again and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Wabbit

It's time for you to bring it to a dealer/garage for a "major" tune-up.

They will replace all filters, plugs and check overall operation of the vehicle.

were you using the correct spark plugs for your truck, and how long has these plugs been in the truck, and is your check engine light on. email me back gotspeed7883@yahoo.com

Source(s): shop owner