is a universal adapter ok for a 110V radio?

is a universal adapter ok for a 110V radio? I was just worndering coz I plugged it on my 110V radio and my radio wouldn't work anymore...Im wondering if its ok coz im a bit worried if my radio is now broken

Favorite Answer

Just because the plug fits in the radio doesn't mean it's the right adapter, even if it's "universal"! You need to match voltage, current requirements (in milliamps or amps, the same or more), AC or DC, and if DC it has to be the same polarity. This is all in addition to having the right plug size. If you use the wrong one, you can damage your radio and/or the adapter.

When you say 110V radio, does your radio have a built in power supply? If so you should just use an AC cable and these are relatively universal provided you're plugging them into 110V and not into 220V overseas or anything.