Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

is anybody here in the fashion merchandising feild?

if so, any tips about schools or the career in general? anyting to help and aspiring fashion merchandiser?

Favorite Answer

Im not in the field but I hope to be . . . besides FIT there is also LIM (Laboratory Institute of Merchandsing) and if I had money I would love to go there . . . it's small college and in New York. I'm located in Florida and Florida State University have a merchandising program... its a good school and much cheaper and plan to apply there once I'm done with my A.A. Also another school offering that major is the Art Institute and they are located pretty much everywhere.... I'm trying to get a job in retail so I can work my way up with experience and hopefully a degree in merchandising =)

The best school I know, for both education and making industry connections is FIT, the Fashion Institute of Technology. It's a 4-year school in the heart of the fashion district in NYC. It a public school and part of CUNY. Reasonable tuition. Check out http://www.fitnyc.edu Good luck!