Reggie C asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Braces concerns?

Okay, I am always complimented by how handsome I am, but I have this gap (small gap), but my main problem is this malclussion. An overbite where if you smile without moving your jaw to make it look different, than my bottom teeth are barely visible and my top teeth cover them. I am 15 and maybe getting braces for the new year. (Happy New Year) I am nervous and am afraid even though I am this muscular type guy, this overbite made my depressed, and it makes me think i am a rat or something at times with the bottom teeth pushed back. My mom's gap is bigger than mine so this could be genetic. Please help

Favorite Answer

Just think about how good you will look after you do the braces and they come off. Also it will prevent future dental problems if you get it done now. Trust me you can still get a girlfriend when the time is right and your friends shouldn't change just because you have braces. My son has had his for a while and his is doing well with them. He is not muscular and not a popular kid but he still has plenty of freinds and even got a girl friend now. Things will work out for you.

don't worry braces you get use to them. Yes it hurts for a little while but when you get them off you will have a great smile and you want remember anything about your teeth not being prefect.Good Luck

try invisilighn its clear you dontt notice them you take them out to brush your teeth and they can fix an overbite

http://invisalign.com/generalapp/us/en/index.jsp heres the website go check it out i think itll help you but im not a dentist just seen good things about it my sister had braces and she wound up with cavities on each tooth because they can be difficult to keep clean

Ask your dentist about it

Source(s): just plain old me

the invisaline braces could be an option for you...and it is worth it!